G17 UNIVERSITY COORDINATOR
G17 University Ambassadors Consortium is a global undergraduate platform initiated by the Road to Rights youth-led organization with its ultimate vision to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development within the university community. Therefore, this will be in progress up until 2030 under the decade of action where every year G17 will recognize 17 young Ambassadors from each university to go through a one year long experiential leadership program with its various activities. G17 is dedicated towards empowering university undergraduates on Sustainable Development Goals to become the next generation of young professionals and make SDGs a reality through its four pillars: Capacity Building, Leadership, Policy Advocacy, and Action.
About The Role
G17 University Coordinators will be leading the team of University Ambassadors ensuring that the G17 University Ambassadors meet the objectives of the program. They are also responsible to take the sustainability dialogue into their university community including meeting the Vice Chancellor.
Duration of the Position: 12 months and 1 month transition period.
Start Date: 1st January 2022.
Accountable to - The Founder, The International Leadership Council of the Road to Rights, The Regional Coordinator. The Country Chairperson, The Executive Committee.
Work With - The Founder, The International Leadership Council of the Road to Rights, The Regional Coordinator. The Country Chairperson, The Executive Committee, fellow University Coordinators, University Ambassadors.
Workplace - Virtual and Physical (Accordingly).
Commitment - Flexible
- Leading the University Ambassadors in meeting the objectives of the program.
- Be the key contact person at the university with regard to official correspondence and Contacts with the relevant institutions and authorities when necessary.
- Assist the Executive Committee with monitoring and evaluating Ambassadors’ performance when required.
- Collaborate with the relevant authorities in promoting the program and partnering up with institutions when required
- Ensure that all 17 ambassadors are effectively working towards the fulfillment of their responsibilities.
- Attending One-on-one meetings and team meetings with the Executive Committee when required.
- Represent the National Executive committee in the respective University.
- Conduct team meetings and One-on-One Meetings with the ambassadors when required.
- Be a part of the annual G17 Summit organizing committee.
- Be innovative and creative to advocate on SDGs to inspire communities within and outside of your University.
- Applicant should be an undergraduate.
- Applicant should be passionate about SDGs, Human Rights, Climate Action, and about the objectives of G17 University Ambassadors Consortium.
- Applicant must be able to devote sufficient time to this position, and having too many conflicting obligations may result in rejection.
- Applicant must have previous experience in working in a youth organization.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- Communication skills
- Team work
- People oriented and result driven
- Excellent active listener
- Dedication & commitment
- SDG knowledge
- Ability to move on during failures
- Being responsible
- Being solution oriented
- Letter of Completion as a G17 University Coordinator and recommendation letters based on performances including Awards and social Recognitions.
- Certificate of successful completion of the Digital University.
- Experience of practical leadership and organizational work.
- Develop a deep understanding on SDGs, insights including most crosscutting local and global issues.
- Professional experience on a wide range of transferable skills such as social media campaigns, fundraising, events management, public speaking, communication and advocacy, critical thinking.
- Opportunity to meet like minded individuals and professionals across the globe.
- Develop innovative thinking skills.
- Development of soft skills and personality.
- Enhance academic and educational competencies.
- Become an outstanding individual in your university.