G17 University Ambassadors
G17 University Ambassadors Consortium is a global undergraduate platform initiated by the Road to Rights youth-led organization with its ultimate vision to achieve the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development within the university community. Therefore, this will be in progress up until 2030 under the decade of action where every year G17 will recognize 17 young Ambassadors from each university to go through a one year long experiential leadership program with its various activities. G17 is dedicated towards empowering university undergraduates on Sustainable Development Goals to become the next generation of young professionals and make SDGs a reality through its four pillars: Capacity Building, Leadership, Policy Advocacy, and Action.
About The Role
G17 University Ambassadors will be going through a one year experiential learning journey which will mould them into individuals equipped with SDG knowledge, competencies and professional skills. They will be mobilizing the university community and beyond, by advocating for the Sustainable Development Goals during the term and after.
Duration of the Position: 12 months
Start Date:1st January 2022
Accountable to - The Founder, The International Leadership Council of the Road to Rights, The Regional Coordinator. The Country Chairperson, The Executive Committee, The University Coordinator
Work With - The Founder, The International Leadership Council of the Road to Rights, The Regional Coordinator. The Country Chairperson, The Executive Committee, The University Coordinator, fellow Ambassadors
Workplace - Virtual and Physical (Accordingly)
Commitment - Flexible
- Attend workshops, capacity building programs and educational sessions organized by the organization.
- Successfully complete all the mandatory responsibilities (Theme Month project, individual speech, annual article, digital university course and social media advocacy) in order to gain the prestigious Ambassador title at the end of the term.
- Engage in social media advocacy & campaigns in order to promote the SDGs and mobilize the community in making them aware about the SDGSs.
- Advocate for the assigned Sustainable Development Goal.
- Keep constant communication, collaboration and engagement with fellow Ambassadors, University Coordinator and the Executive Committee.
- Maintain professionalism.
- Adhere to terms and conditions of the program, and following the program’s guidelines.
- Maintain honesty, loyalty and decorum.
- Attend team meetings and One-on-one meetings when required.
- Be innovative and creative to advocate on SDGs to inspire communities within and outside of your University.
- Applicant should be an undergraduate.
- Applicant should be passionate about SDGs, Human Rights, Climate Action, and about the objectives of G17 University Ambassadors Consortium.
- Applicant must be able to devote sufficient time to this position, and having too many conflicting obligations may result in rejection.
- Communication skills
- Team work
- People oriented and result driven
- Excellent active listener
- Dedication & commitment
- SDG knowledge
- Ability to move on during failures
- Being responsible
- Being solution oriented
- Recognition as a G17 Ambassador at the successful completion of the Program.
- Certificate of successful completion of the Digital University.
- Recommendation letters based on performances including awards and social Recognitions.
- Experience of practical leadership and organizational work.
- Develop a deep understanding on SDGs, insights including most crosscutting local and global issues.
- Professional experience on a wide range of transferable skills such as social media campaigns, fundraising, events management, public speaking, communication andadvocacy, critical thinking.
- Develop innovative thinking skills.
- Development of soft skills and personality.
- Enhance academic and educational competencies.
- Become an outstanding individual in your university.
- Opportunity to meet like minded individuals across the globe.
- Be a global citizen.
- Self Satisfaction.